No matter how bad something is, whining never makes it better. Here are 5 quick ways to keep that whining in check, and hopefully you will like your job a little bit better!
- Focus on the positive- and there is always something positive if you look for it. If all else fails, remember that what doesn’t kill you make you stronger.
- Instead of whining about being given work that isn’t your responsibility, see how it can be used as growth or as a way to develop yourself.
- Always celebrate small wins. A whole bunch of small wins add up!
- Find a way to use the skill set you have learnt professionally in a personal context – there will be so much more meaning to what you do. For example, if you’re a marketeer, learn how to market yourself instead of only the products you’re hawking out!
- Change your job. If things are really bad, remember you have a choice and you can make all the difference. Whining is an easy thing to lapse into, but it’s not going to improve the situation you’re in.
If you enjoyed this quickie article, don’t forget to subscribe or come say hello to Little Slices on Facebook!