- The Japanese have the best toilets. Warm seats and a spray that all my friends rave about! I don’t understand why other countries haven’t stolen their toilets!
- Self opening and closing taxi doors. Don’t open or close them yourself when getting out of a cab, just leave it. But actually, don’t take a cab. It’s insanely expensive.
- Japanese people are extremely polite, kind and friendly, but you are most likely going to face a huge language barrier. Be prepared with a few basic phrases of Japanese, like “Toiru wa doko desu ka?” (Where is the toilet?)
- Salmon sushi is a really touristy thing. If you want something more authentic, go for chutoro (medium fatty tuna) or otoro (tuna belly)! Nom nom!
- A ramen shop is a place for you to have your meal and leave quickly. It’s not a place to have a long chat and idle away your time! Go to an izakaya if you’re looking to wile away your time.
If you enjoyed this post, check out other Tokyo related posts, and don’t forget to like Little Slices on Facebook!